Just a few eco friendly laundry tips from Crunchy Clean:
- For an excellent softener and static cling preventer, use ¼- ½ cup of vinegar in your rinse. If you love yummy smells, add 5-20 drops of essential oil to a gallon of vinegar. The vinegar also kills bacteria and prevents the buildup of detergent residue. (Please don’t use dryer sheets because many of them contain the same chemicals found in liquid fabric softeners. Besides them being hazardous to your health, they aren’t biodegradable.)
- Need a great laundry brightener: Add 1/2 cup of strained lemon juice to the rinse cycle and/or use hydrogen peroxide instead of chlorine bleach.
- Wash with cold water whenever possible – saves 80-90% of energy costs related to washing!
- For an extra dirty/stained/stinky load of diapers, add either small amount of Dawn, 4-6 squirts of Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner, or a squirt of Biokleen’s Bac-out.
- For stains, you can either soak in warm water mixed with a few tablespoons of Crunchy Clean Detergent or you can make a paste with Crunchy Clean detergent and water and let it sit for a few hours and then wash.
- Allow clothes to air dry on a clothes line rather than using your dryer. Sunlight, which is free, is a natural bleaching agent; it also disinfects the clothes.
- To reduce static, don’t overdry your clothes if you use the dryer.
- Reusable bags are excellent- did you know that 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags are used annually worldwide and only 1-3% of those are recycled? Check out our selection of reusable bags that can be reused for many uses, including sending them back and getting more CrunchyClean Detergent!